Epiony Heat Pad Plus
Benefits of the Epiony Heat Pad Plus;
- Heat therapy dilates the blood vessels of the muscles. This process increases the flow of oxygen and nutrients to the muscles helping to heal the damaged tissue. This also increases the elimination of carbon dioxide and metabolic waste.
- Heat stimulates the sensory receptors in the skin. Applying heat to any part of the body will decrease transmissions of pain signals to the brain and partially relieve discomfort. This works on both people and animals!
- Heat therapy will decrease stiffness, improve flexibility and provide an overall feeling of comfort.
- The Heat Pad is excellent at aiding relaxation and reducing stress
Temperature will vary due to environmental conditions it is used in,
1. Red LED (47°c-49°c)-use on horses and animals with a thick coat. Peoples knees and other joints to provide pain relief (especially arthritis) – Approx lasts 2 hours
2. Orange LED (44°c-46°c)-use on peoples backs (consider using it over a thin t-shirt if you have sensitive skin to heat but can be used directly on the skin, just turn down if it feels too warm) and clipped out horses if red is too warm for them – Approx lasts 2.45 hours
4. Green LED (41°c-43°c)- use on peoples back and if a person wishes to lay down on the pad – Approx lasts 4 hours
5. Flashing Green LED (37°c-40°c)-same as green above just slightly cooler – Approx lasts 7 hours
This is just a rough guide, if used on yourself drop down a setting if too warm, if used on animals make sure they aren’t too warm by carrying out regular checks, never leave the pad unsupervised.
**If the pad is felt off the body it won’t represent these temperatures as the pad works on heat building up between the pad and the body.**
-Use 15-20 minutes before a ride to help cold backed horses, 15-20 minutes after a ride to relax
– 30 minutes – 1 hour a day for treatment of a problem area on people or animals.
– 30 minutes a day for maintenance or relaxation sessions.
– There is no maximum length of time you can leave it on.