Here at The Comfy Horse Company we recommend Kerrits for their comfortable, technically capable easy-care fabrics. They are extremely stretchy, never lose their shape and last for years. We never ride in anything else, and once you have tried them we are sure you won’t either!
Kerrits’ roots reach back to 1986, to the most intimate type of women’s active wear: bathing suits. Windsurfer Kerri Kent saw an opportunity to improve the fit and performance of swimsuits that didn’t stay put. With 50 dollars’ worth of fabric from the Jansen outlet store and the pursuit of designing more comfortable active wear for athletic women, she began making her own suits. Windsurfing friends stood for fitting after fitting. When the suits finally met quality standards, Kerri launched from her gear bag on the beach.
Within the year, Kerri opened a retail store, selling custom bathing suits and coordinating bike and active wear. Michele McAlpine brought her retail and merchandising background to the store as manager in 1991. The two loved the challenge of creating custom suits for all different types of bodies. Over the years, Kerri and Michele collected an in-depth library of data and experience about creating comfortable coverage for athletic women that remains the core of Kerrits today.
In 1991, The Oregonian wrote about Kerrits Activewear, followed by a piece in The New York Times. That story mentioned Kerri’s desire to make similar, sport-specific, flattering clothes for women who shared her other passion: horses. The CEO of Eisers, a leading equestrian company, read the article and asked her to design a line. With simple packs of carrot seeds as hangtags, Kerrits Performance Equestrian Apparel took root.
FABRICS AND TECHNOLOGIES
Here in the Pacific Northwest, we deal with all types of weather — sometimes in the same day. It’s a perfect test lab and inspiration for us to continually improve cutting-edge technical, high performance fabric engineered to keep riders comfortable no matter what the weather.
KNEEPATCH + FULLSEAT GRIP TECHNOLOGY
Please click on the links below for more information!
- High level of traction; Superior comfort, long-term durability and enhanced breathability.
- Has the appearance and feel of real suede, while outperforming in shape retention and wear.
- Unsurpassed technical grip, lightweight with slight stretch for a custom fit.
- Leather-like texture offering a high degree of friction resistance, delivering a no-slip grip.
- Unique silicone pattern, distributes an equal ratio of stretch, stick and breathability.
- True-to-leather look, feel and grip. Perforated for enhanced breathability.
MATERIALS + TECHNOLOGY
- Performance fabric engineered to perform in high heat conditions with rapid cooling-evaporation technology and UPF 30+.
- Engineered stretch mesh fabric. Textured, lightweight and breathable.
- Ultra soft, yet durable microfiber features 4-way stretch for comfort and freedom of motion.
- Sturdy stretch woven with great shape retention and integrity for “no-show” coverage.
- Mid-weight stretch woven provides breathability, slimming coverage and support.
- Mid-weight, abrasion resistant, compression fabric hugs your muscles to prevent fatigue.
- Lightweight and durable with superior moisture wicking capabilities and four-way stretch.
- Lightweight, durable stretch woven provides comfort and long-term wearability.
- Windproof and water resistant, with a quiet hand for in-saddle performance.
- Soft, durable 100% cotton comfort.
As UK stockists of Kerrits, The Comfy Horse Company can order and import in most styles and sizes for you (subject to stock availability). If you have any queries at all, we are here to help you!
Size Chart & Fitting Guide
At Kerrits one of our main goals is the integrity of our sizing, which means we strive to be consistent. If you are a size medium in our tops that means your bottoms will be a medium as well. Not only are we consistent with our sizing from product to product but from year to year.
Please use the following Size Chart, Fit Advice and Fit Icons as your personal guide to measure yourself and ensure the best Kerrits fit. Enjoy your ride!
Womens sizing chart
Bust/chest: With arms relaxed down at side, measure fullest part of bust/chest, keeping tape parallel to floor.
Waist: Measure around your natural waistline; keep your measuring tape comfortably loose.
Hips: Stand heels together. Keeping tape straight and parallel to floor, measure around fullest part.
Inseam: Measure inside length of your leg from top to bottom of ankle.